Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Data Intellligence... and a "slight" oops

I want to start off by stating for the record (whatever that is) that although I'm okay with doing it, data entry is NOT my forte, and it is not something I normally enjoy doing. Mind you, I'm not bad at 10-key entry- I learned it through trial-and-error, and am not bad at it still. Still, it isn't one of my favorite data activities.  And yet, in the course of building Forty-Two (my database), I find that I am tasked to do data entry at every turn.

So, ... I do data entry... because I must.

I'm trying pretty hard to keep the blog from becoming a somewhat witty changelog for my database, so I'll throw out a few speeds and feeds and then move on blog-wise.

The other day, I had just posted something on twitter, and twitter's AI recommended a few connections. One of them them turned out to be a long lost relative. I'm not going to go into the details here, but I'm kinda excited, as this is the 1st time I've run into a relative online based upon a machine learning suggestion.

WAIT FOR IT...

I accidentally pressed "Publish" instead of "Save" the other day, and I think that's a first for me. For those who read the unedited, incomplete blog post, I apologize.  In any event...

It's Saturday night in my world. My Friday at work was pretty quiet, and for the first time in several weeks I got home at a decent hour. Got a decent amount of sleep, had a great time of worship at The Bridge, and then Jennifer and I took Meerkat over to our local Walmart Neighborhood Market, where (amongst other things) we picked up a couple of their most excellent take and bake pizzas. As its late, I'm just finish this with these few updates and call it a night.

My last task for the night is some Windows Media Player updates. By "updates", I mean I'm ripping several CDs and deleting a few from the library.

As always, I am hochspeyer, blogging data analysis and management so you don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment