Saturday, July 2, 2016

Zombies!

Well, you should have expected this one.

After three and a half years, I finally have an excuse to go somewhat all-out "geek-pop" and be the geek writer society thinks I should be and talk geek pop culture topics. I need to start out by clarifying a meme I just referenced, and that is the "What (fill-in-the-blank) thinks I do" meme-



There are a ton of these out there, and some of them are so spot on they could almost be classified as infographs. This one is one of those. I've chosen this particular topic, however, because of a conversation that Mr. T and I had recently on our way to our local Shop And Save.

WARNING: GEEKINESS IS ABOUT TO ENSUE.

So, we got into Meerkat, our trusty Subaru Outback, and headed off on our short journey. We had barely gotten to the first stop sign when Mr. T announced that he had been mulling a fairly original concept (reinvention or tangent, perhaps) for a video game. He had a working title, Initial Z. Now, if this reminds anyone of a 1990's manga or anime, it should. Parody runs strong in our family. In Mr. T's reimagining of Initial D, the player is still a drift racer in the 90's, but you're pretty much drifting for your life, as you need to take out zombies with your car while racing. I found the concept interesting and suggested an even wilder variant: Initial B, in which a cloning experiment in Raccoon City goes awry, and as a result, a massive army of clones of a certain youthful Canadian pop entertainer becomes infected with the t virus, turning them into zombies which must be destroyed.  His next idea was for a 1950's-era zombie game. We agreed that it would need to be monochrome and have a cheesy 1950's monaural soundtrack, complete with hisses and pops. There were several other ideas put on the table, but they strayed off into the completely ridiculous, and do not bear repeating.

Although I don't have a deadline as a blogger, I do realize that more posts == more readers. My experience tells me that a post every 5-7 days leads to increased readership. However, that is a schedule which I'll more than likely never keep. After all, I am an artiste! At least, I tell myself I am.

As always, I am hochspeyer, blogging data analysis and management so you don't have to.


No comments:

Post a Comment