Saturday, September 15, 2018

Going on 31

I used to be quite active on twitter, but a hard drive crash put an end to that. And, I'm sorry to say, a new phone just added to my woes.

So, in lieu of twitter, I've somehow managed to stay active on pinterest....

I know, I know, pinterest is generally considered by outsiders to be the "stay-at-home moms" and "cat lovers" site, and not something "manly" or "professional".

Well, that's completely inaccurate. Pinterest is full of good stuff- programming, Lego, makerspace... the list goes on and on.

But-

This October will be Jennifer's and my 31st marriage anniversary. We've beaten a few of the "odds", I suppose, but at this point you're probably wondering where all of this is going.

Pinterest likes to send suggestions based upon your likes and post and who knows what else, but a few days ago, one of the suggested pins went something like this, "A king should not search for a princess in distress, but rather for a queen who will fight by his side."

I suppose I could have said this from Day 1, but after nearly 31 years, I would not choose to live without this woman.

Happy anniversary to my best friend, my lover and my confidant.

No comments:

Post a Comment