Saturday, September 19, 2015

Happy #Talklikeapirate Day 2015

My apologies (belatedly or in advance) in regard to the title. As I repost blogs to Twitter, sometimes a hashtag (#) is appropriate in the title. This is one of those occasions.

Visit the official TLAPD  (Talk Like A Pirate Day) site for the latest news and information; for the history of TLAPD, please check out the excellent Wikipedia entry. In the FWIW category, this is the 20th anniversary of TLAPD, or as it is officially know these days, International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

In honor of TLAPD, and in recognition of the underlying theme of this blog (data analysis and management) and my Twitter interests (big data, data analysis, IoT and related topics and languages), I'd like to offer up some TLAPD data humor.



Q: What is a pirate's favorite mathematical formula?
A: Circle == Pi Rrrrrrrr squared.

Q: What is a pirate's favorite data analysis tool?
A: ARrrrrrrrrrrr.

Q: Why do pirates have parrots on their shoulders?
A: Because Pythons won't stay put.

Q: Why don't pirates use Hadoop?
A: A yellow elephant weighs as much as a grey elephant, and does not like ships.

Q: Why do pirates have trouble navigating raw big data?
A: They navigate by the stars; big data is usually found in clouds, lakes or silos.

I suppose those were pretty lame, but I hope I got at least a chuckle from one of them!

Just to be clear, TLAPD and I do not condone modern IRL piracy; the "holiday" is more a tongue-and-cheek homage to 1950's Hollywood's take on old school Caribbean pirates.

As always, I am hochspeyer, blogging data analysis and management so you don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment