Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day 2013, part deux!

One of the only movie series I've ever seen in which I thought the sequel was better than the original was Hot Shots, Part Deux! (the other being 2 Fast, 2 Furious).

So, in the spirit of some sequels being better than others, I decided to follow up my original Father's Day 2013 post with an update on how my Father's Day went. Twenty-five words or less: it was pretty nice.

I got up (with a bit of Jennifer's coaxing) and had a glass of lemon water (now a part of the signature morning routine), grabbed my Bible and headed off to The Bridge for the 0900 service. Owing to my work schedule, it was the first time I'd been there in about six weeks. I really enjoyed the service, and went home and had an epic nap. After that, Jennifer and I headed off to Pet Supplies Plus, where we did a bit of Zombie Apocalypse stocking for Schwarz and Tinka.  After that, we headed over to Shop and Save to pick up a few stock up items, and headed home. Tinka was especially pleased with our purchases; I put a bag of dry food on the coffee table and she stood on it, nuzzled it and purred for ten minutes or better.

Afterwards, I was going to cut the grass, but although we had gotten a fair amount of ran on Friday and Saturday, the grass was not yet ready for mowing. So, I did my usual Facebook games while Jennifer fixed burgers and fries, and then we sat down and watched the 1967 James Coburn classic The President's Analyst. Afterwards, I got on the PS3 and ran a few Gran Turismo 5 races- I really like the game but am not particularly good at playing it! After that, Civilization V and the blog.

All in all, a pretty pleasant day- I hope yours was good as well. Data returns soon- I promise!

As always, I am hochspeyer, blogging data analysis and management so you don't have to.


No comments:

Post a Comment