Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#notsobigdata updates

Well, its getting down to the wire, so to speak. TechNet is gone, and I'm thinking its time to make the big leap to a website. Yes, I am aware there is no real connection between a website and TechNet, but in my little #notsobigdata corner of the world, a tenuous link can be postulated. The connection is this: as TechNet was considered to be an education expense, a website is the next best thing (I think you might actually have to know me to make the connection). And so, I will create a website (eventually).

I'm in no real hurry to create a website, partly because up until now I've had no reason to have a website. I mean, there are oodles of websites out in cyberspace with even less reason to exist than I can think of, but I'd like to think that my little corner of the web will have some sort of special significance. Yup, I'd really like to think that. Just like that special feeling you get when its jeans day, and everyone wears jeans. Still, there are a few things that outweigh the negatives, like experience and education. I've found- at least for me- that rolling up your sleeves and actually working on something is a worthwhile investment of time. So, when all of the factors are weighed, it seems that the website is on the way. I've started doing some research- pricing, features, domain names, but I think its going to be a bit before I take the plunge, as it appears that the domain name I wanted is taken (well, its registered as a .com domain but does not appear to be active; .net is currently available and I might go that route).

In other #notsobigdata news, I found an interesting piece on LinkedIn about Little Data. #notsobigdata is important, but it's not always so easy to define. One commenter on the LinkedIn piece had a really nice definition of Small Data- fairly short and to the point.

And unfortunately, that's all the news for now. If I don't publish this now, I don't know when I ever will!

As always, I am hochspeyer, blogging data analysis and management so you don't have to.

Normally not very photogenic, Schwarz appears to be posing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment