Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A free night

I should have spent at least part of this evening in what a former coworker lovingly referred to as the "double-wide in the sky", but it's a slow period, and I'm a contractor, so.... The office is a prefab perched against the exterior wall of a print shop, and resting on some prefab concrete. Factory, actually, is what the shop is, with several good-sized web presses on the floor. The office is pleasant enough, and the peeps are nice, but outsiders get a bit concerned sometimes when they visit. We had a printer in the office once which was giving us fits, so many fits that the lessor called in a factory rep to smooth our ruffled feathers. He came up with the repair tech, introductions were made all around, and after a few minutes, he remarked, "Doesn't the vibration up here bother you?" To which three of us replied, "What vibration?"

Still, when I don't go in now, I don't get paid, and that is not cool. I spent a good part of the evening looking at emailed job leads, job boards, and updating things on Dice and Careerbuilder. Once all of that was done, I went back to the database. I spent a good amount of time on data entry tonight, adding seventy-four records to the main table I'm working with right now. It made a good dent in one category; and with a little bit of luck and a lot of tenacity, that category will be done by the weekend. Then, all I need to do is put it in order on the shelves.However, that's part of the raison d'etre of the database: as everything will be cataloged, all I'll need to do is make a few more queries, and then all of the music will at least be in order.

After that, it's videos, books and Legos.

No comments:

Post a Comment