Monday, April 29, 2013

Here is the news

In the event that I have not mentioned this before, I am a huge music fan. I have all sorts of music in my collection, which was one of the earliest drivers for creating the database. In fact, in prehistoric times (when I was in high school [gymnasium]), my music database was on paper. At one point, I even conducted a few music polls. I got many folks to vote for their favorite song, group and album, but no one liked the results or my methodology. Oh, well, I guess you can't please everyone.

The title of today's blog is a song from Electric Light Orchestra's most excellent 1981 release, Time. Time is one of those albums you can just sit and listen to. That probably sounds a bit odd, but its a concept album, and the songs tell a story- try it, you just might like it.

In the wonderful world of data, I've been schlepping along in my Bricklink powered Excel spreadsheet that will be the home to all of my Lego data. I have around 32% of what will be my primary key field filled in, or about another 165 days of work assuming 100 records are done per day. Once the primary key fields are all filled in, there's a lot more work, but it may be ready for export into the database.

Since the last entry, I haven't really done much with the actual database. Most of my "serious" computer time has been spent on getting the Lego spreadsheet ready to export to the database, and on HTML. Speaking of HTML, I'm trying out a new text editor, PSPad. I found it on Majorgeeks.  Well, its new for me at least- it was first released in 2001. As I just downloaded it today, I have very little to say about it, as I haven't really had time to play with it. One feature that it does have that I had been looking for is line numbers. I'm not certain if anyone else cares about line numbers, but there are times when one is writing code that this simple little feature can be a life saver!

That's all of the news for now.

As always, I am hochspeyer, blogging data analysis and management so you don't have to.

Timehack 1725 062113 (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment